Thursday, January 14, 2010

There *is* no bathroom!

Hello I am the movie encyclopedia and if no one else will see it, I will.

Getting sick and tired yet of seeing Arnold's mug posted on my site? Too bad because this is number 7 of my Top 10 Arnold favorites countdown which means we have six movies left. Will your favorite be number 1? I honestly don't know and remember this is opinion and not fact so I will probably piss some people off and for that I am sorry (unless you are the people who like Junior...I hate you). After 3 semi or pretty serious Arnold action movies I thought my number seven pick should be one of his comedies. And so I picked one of my personal favorites, or at least one of the one's I remember the most, Kindergarten Cop.

The story of Kindergarten Cop is not like a Baby Genius thing like it sounds at first. No its about Detective John Kimble, a total hardass and overly violent who goes on the hunt for a drug dealer named Crisp. When Crisp is finally arrested they can't get him convicted. So what does he do? Go undercover as a kindergarten teacher to find the mother and son of Crisp so that they strike up a deal and get Crisp behind bars....I cannot believe I just wrote that. The original substitute teacher, Kimble's partner, gets sick and so Kimble has to become the teacher. Hijinks and hilarities ensue.

It's dumb, it has bad one liners, and it has laughable acting and a weak story. But because it has Arnold it is awesome. Here's what I mean





And many more. Imagine this movie if it would have been a different actor. It wouldn't be as awesome. I grew up with this movie and while its a crappy movie, Arnold makes it amazing and a guilty pleasure that I still watch to this day.

MY VERDICT: RENT IT

No comments:

Post a Comment