Monday, March 22, 2010

The Demented Encyclopedia Episode 2- "Alright number 12-Tim Urban...No. It just says no...huh"


Hello I am the movie encyclopedia and if no one else will see it, I will.

If you couldn't already tell in the sidebar or by the download icon popping up on iTunes, there has been a new episode of The Demented Encyclopedia!

This week Nick and I tackled the idea of Book/Video Game to Movie Adaptations. We took on this massive topic mainly focusing on what makes a bad, an average and a great adaptation. Mostly it ended up being a long, drawn out Harry Potter discussion, but we sprinkled in the Resident Evil, Doom, and Silent Hill Films as well as Stephen King novels and Fight Club. We found out similarities, patterns and repeat offenders. Eventually though we decided enough was enough and moved onto our next topic: The D-Bag.

The D-Bag is where we go onto our Facebook fanpage (become a fan NOW!) and read off comments that had to do with our main topic of the week. Remember if you don't have Facebook you can always email me at tjmac510@hotmail.com. After analyzing a few comments we moved onto one of our favorite topics (even if people don't like the show) Reality Round-Up. Sadly there WAS no Survivor on this week so most of our discussion was talking about American Idol and how the top 12 finalists did. We also both professed our love for Siobhan Magnus aka


the female Adam Lambert.

After that segment we did a quick Recommend A... in which we both took a look recommended music, me Lee Dewyze's two pre-American Idol albums and Nick Kamelot. Here's a quick look at both:




First Kamelot


and now Lee (it's live but oh well)


After that we did our Monologue/Dialogue of the week in which we took on two scenes from The Princess Bride.

If you haven't already, download our podcast off iTunes and review/rate it. We have new episodes every Saturday and hopefully you can join us down the rabbit hole.

BTW our PLUGS OF THE WEEK WERE

1 comment:

  1. Good podcast episode. I admit that I haven't listened to the end, mostly because in my opinion, it's a bit too long, but I like the content. I liked the part about movie adaptations - I agree that many movies adapted from books/graphic novels etc. are crappy, with few exceptions, of course.
    It seems I'm also a part of the small group of people who think that "Doom" is an okay movie, actually I think I gave it a 8/10 if I remember correctly. It's fun to watch, it has The Rock, so I don't get where all the hate is coming from. Most haters say that it has a bad story, which is ridiculous, considering Doom the videogame. My favorite adaptions are Watchmen and Punisher: Warzone. They are both really well done, especially Watchmen, which was harder to make.

    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete