Hello I am the movie encyclopedia and if no one else will see it, I will.
Well my buddy Scott over at He Shot Cyrus decided to start a new meme. Since my Kick-Ass review will take about another day or so to write and my Courtney interview will come sooner rather than later but since he nominated me and I'm a fan of the site I decided what the hey? I've been doing personal posts lately so what's ten more facts about me?
So here is my ten movie facts about myself:
1. I have seen over 2050 films in my almost 19 years on this Earth (Why do you think I have the title "The Movie Encyclopedia"?)
2. I have had a bit part in an indie movie called "The Weight." It was written and directed by my cousin and I got paid 20 bucks to say "You're hand doesn't count asshole."
3. I have never seen the original Die Hard or the Bad Boy series. I have also never seen any movie, besides Citizen Kane, that stars Orson Welles. And I've only seen two Humphrey Bogart films. (All of these will be remedied shortly).
4. I have a soft spot for Uwe Boll and Ed Wood films...or maybe I'm just a masochist.
5. My main inspiration for this entire site came from two people: Doug Walker of the Nostalgia Critic (who gave me the idea to always use a tagline to start my posts) and my cousin Jimmy who is a LAMMY award winning blogger. His site is Diary of A Mad Film Fan. Doug and Jimmy's love for films sparked me to write about MY LOVE of film.
6. I am an avid collector of ticket stubs. I have been collecting since November of 2003 and still do it to this day. I don't know how many I have but I have three Hefty X-L sandwich bags full of tickets.
7. I own all 47 of X-Ray Dog's albums despite them not being available commercially (it's called connections). X-Ray Dog is the group that does all the music for the trailers. I also own a lot of film soundtracks my favorite being 28 Days Later.
8. I get compared to four actors all the time: for my humor-Jack Black and Jason Alexander, for my looks-Chris Farley and Matt Damon (specifically a FAT Matt Damon).
9. I have never seen a movie in theaters more than 4 times. And I've only seen about 10 movies 3 times in theaters. I tend to see most GOOD movies at least twice.
10. The first movie I ever saw in theater's was The Lion King. The first movie I ever watched at home was Old Yeller.
Hope these didn't bore you to death and thanks to He Shot Cyrus for nominating me. As for my nominations:
Tom Clift of Plus Trailers
Mike Mendez of Big Mike's Movie Blog
V. Shaft and Magnum from Cool Awesome Movies
Nick Jobe of Random Ramblings of A Demented Doorknob
Jason Soto from Invasion of the B Movies