Sunday, June 20, 2010

TV SHOW MEME DAY 20

Hello I am the movie encyclopedia and if no one else will see it, I will.

"Favorite Kiss." Part of me wants to be serious and pick one that is a really sweet and tender moment or one that shows a couple you've been wanting to see together finally get together or one that is a passionate goodbye kiss but then I realized something. How can I compete with the MTV movie awards? They already have awards for Best Kiss and they seem to take that seriously so why should I? So I decided to pick a kiss that made me laugh but also really made me love a show. And that is from Season 2 Episode 2 of The Big Bang Theory.

I actually didn't like this show when it was first on. I got the pilot free from iTunes and when I watched it I turned it off after about five minutes. There were two reasons for that: 1. The nerd's being awkward around hot girls joke has been done to death and 2. The dialogue was a bit over my head. I mean I'm an honor student but I'm not a physics nerd so half of what they were saying made no sense. It wasn't until about a week or so ago that I liked the show. I was at a party and we decided to sit down and watch the show. After watching a few episodes we got to Season 2 Episode 2 (we jumped around seasons).

Leonard (the one in glasses) finally gets a date with Penny (blonde one). Leonard's going a bit fast for her so Penny decides not to go out on a second date. In a huff, Leonard decides to reach out to an old ex Leslie (the chick in glasses) in hopes of being in a relationship with her and maybe making Penny jealous in the process. Well after their respective dates, Leonard and Penny both return to the apartment complex where they live at. Leonard sees Penny and kisses Leslie which causes Penny to kiss her date. What ensues is a hilarious kiss one up segment. It was this scene that made my opinion of the show change and now I not only love the show, I own both seasons on DVD.

One scene can really change your opinion on a show. Here is the clip I mentioned:



See you tomorrow for Day 21

No comments:

Post a Comment