Monday, June 28, 2010

TV SHOW MEME DAY 28

Hello I am the movie encyclopedia and if no one else will see it, I will.

This was another one I knew going into this meme that I would blaze through. "First TV Obsession." Well if you were a child of the 90s, played video games and had basic cable then there is a good chance you were obsessed with Pokemon. I know still to this day that if I say "I wanna be the very best..." that there will be someone, someone born in the 90s that will know that theme song. Even if it takes them a minute they know it. And we are all fine with it.

But Pokemon was a huge obsession in my life. The games, the movies, and of course the TV show. Once Misty, my favorite character, left the show I wasn't too pleased but I dealt with it. The show got progressively worse and now it's practically unwatchable. But hey it's popular in Japan so it will never die. But I will always remember the original.

On a side note...I still play all of the games and plan to buy the new ones. They are an AMAZING time dump.
But the characters, the Pokemon, the good vs evil message, Team Rocket, the epic anime battles....everything was amazing about that show...as a kid. But I loved it, still have a soft spot for it and will never forget this rap either...I know Nick hasn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment