Sunday, December 13, 2009

But for certain, Senator, in grave danger you are.

Hello I am the movie encyclopedia and if no one else will see it, I will.

Part 2 of the Star Wars prequel trilogy. Out of all of the movies in the series this is the hardest to review since its the hardest to rate. I guess I might as well tell you my story of seeing this film as it is almost probably more interesting than my actual review for this movie.

As a devout Star Wars fan I made sure to see this film opening weekend. Luckily my Dad is also a big Star Wars fan so we were able to get tickets for that opening Saturday (thought we'd weed out the costumed crazies although that would certainly be ironic for the third movie). The theater was packed to the brim with people and we could only get a spot in the third row. I usually hate sitting right up front since its a literal pain in the neck but its Star Wars...you MAKE exceptions. Well the movie started up and for about the first hour everything was normal. It was a good enough movie but nothing too special compared to the original series. Right near the climax of the film something odd happened: my last tooth fell out. I always had a knack for losing teeth at the weirdest places...Disneyland holding the record with four (two on one day) but I had never lost one in a theater before. And it WAS my last baby tooth. Well in the excitement of a nearby explosion I dropped my tooth and it rolled. I went up the few rows, grabbed the tooth, and sat back down. I turned to my Dad and said "That explosion knocked the tooth right outta me."

Enough nostalgia. Attack of the Clones happens ten years after the original film. Anakin is a Jedi, Obi-Wan is his mentor and Count Dooku is a bastard. He takes the droids and creates an army of his own while the Republic clones, made from Jango Fett aka Bobba Fett's father. Really that's all I can tell you, you will just have to see it for yourself.

I don't mean to be brief with these reviews but honestly most people who are interested in these movies have seen them. Those who aren't I can only repeat what I said before: The original trilogy is much better. While this is leaps and bounds better than Phantom Menace, it droned on for a while and didn't get exciting till the third act. But its still a visually stunning film with decent acting so I say its at least worth seeing if you DID skip Phantom Menace and if you DID see it than well it IS much better isn't it?

MY VERDICT: RENT IT

1 comment:

  1. Fair or not I blame Hayden Christensen for the failure of the second trilogy.

    ReplyDelete