Sunday, December 13, 2009

No...*I* am your father!

Hello I am the movie encyclopedia and if no one else will see it, I will.






Watch this. If it doesn't blow your mind then I will fight you. This action scene as a kid was the epitome of a true action scene and anytime it would snow (or even just for fun) I would reenact this battle over and over. As a member of the Luke Skywalker fan club I would always love watching this scene over and over. Its an amazing battle and an amazing start to the best film in the star wars series: Empire Strikes Back.

Directed by Irvin Kershner this time around (with Lucas writing/producing) Empire takes place a short time after the first movie. The Rebels have taken out the Death Star but the Empire is strong. Vader is obsessed with finding Luke Skywalker and enlists the help of many notorious bounty hunters (including BOBBA FETT) to find him, Han Solo, Princess Leia, Chewbacca, R2 and C3PO. That's all I can really say without giving away major spoilers but the plot has plenty of great twists and a much more darker tone than the first one.

Besides the story and the battle scene in the beginning there is one scene that is engraved in my head and the minds of many other people. Just watch:





It in my opinion is the greatest scene in film history. It is truly amazing in every sense of the word.

If you see only one Star Wars movie ever then it should be this one. The writing, the plot, the characters, the action...it's all there and tenfold. You owe it to yourself to see this one.

MY VERDICT: TOP FILM

No comments:

Post a Comment