Friday, May 7, 2010

MUSIC MEME...because I can...


Hello I am the movie encyclopedia and if no one else will see it, I will.

As most people know from listening to the Demented Encyclopedia, or by just listening or getting to know me, they will know that besides film, TV and video games I am extremely passionate about music. I play a few instruments myself (guitar, saxophone) and have been in choir on and off for 8 years. So when I saw a meme floating around the web that involved music and because I am a total meme whore right now (sorry review lovers) I decided to take this beast on.

1. Open up your iTunes, music player, spin the CD, whatever, hit shuffle and tell us what the first song to play is...

"Ice Ice Baby"-Vanilla Ice

2. Name your top 5 favorite bands/musicians of all time:


Easy: Metallica, Rush, Nirvana, Muse, The Beatles

3. What was your first CD to own (8 track, Record, CD, MP3 for the Newbies)

CD-N'Sync: No Strings Attached (hey I loved them...don't judge...better than Bieber)
8 Track- Whitesnake...not sure which one
Record- Metallica-The Black Album
MP3- Weird Al- Amish Paradise

4. Of All the Bands/Artists in your CD/Record collection, which one do you own the most albums by?

It's actually a tie between Rush and Metallica...although I do have a record AND a CD of the Black Album so I guess Metallica wins.

5. What was the last song you listened to?

Airplanes Part II-B.O.B featuring Hayley Williams of Paramore and Eminem

6. What song would you say sums you up?

Green Day- Basketcase...it's my life story

7. What's your favorite local band or band that originated from your hometown?

I wish I could say Nirvana since I live NEAR Seattle but sadly no. So I chose the instrumental band The Ventures.

8. What's the greatest concert you've ever gone to?

Sadly the only concert I've ever gone to was a Nickelback/Breaking Benjamin/Three Days Grace concert. It wasn't good. But in a few days I'm seeing Reliant K and Paramore which hopefully will be good. The greatest though will be in August when I see Rush.

9. What musician would you like to hang out with for a day?

Lars Ulrich (my favorite drummer) or Avril Lavigne. The latter because I would probably do more than hanging if ya know what I mean. I love that Canuck.


10. What was the greatest decade for music?

I get laughed at a lot but I loved the 80s. Sue me...

11. What is your favorite movie soundtrack?
It's a tie between 300 (pulse pounding awesomeness) and Pulp Fiction (because The Ventures did it)

12. What's the most awful CD/record ect that you have ever bought?

Anything by Nickelback or probably To The Extreme by Vanilla Ice.

13. What is your favorite band t-shirt/poster?

My Rush t-shirt that says GOOD RUSH, BAD RUSH with Rush Limbaugh on the BAD RUSH part.

14. Rolling Stones or the Beatles??

The Beatles...totally

15. What is one song you would like played at your funeral? Your birthday? While on a romantic date?

Funeral- Probably It's The End of the World As We Know it by REM
Birthday- Spirit of the Radio by Rush
Romantic Date- Physical by Olivia Newton John...oh yeah...


1 comment:

  1. Excellent funeral music, my friend. I can't say I'm very fond of Metallica, though.

    ReplyDelete