Hello I am the movie encyclopedia and if no one else will see it, I will
Usually I am against posting anything other than straight reviews because it helps me keep track of how many movies I have reviewed. But now that I have implemented a Review Archive
and have acquired (in jpeg form) all the posters from all the movies I have ever seen (thus REALLY keeping count) I guess I can pause for special occasions. And this certainly is one.
Actually I have had a pretty special day. Around 10 o clock (over here) a post went up on LAMB. LAMB (Large Association of Movie Blogs) is the blog directory for which I belong to. Thanks to LAMB I have been exposed to many great movie related blogs. I've made some awesome friends thanks to LAMBcast (Tom Clift, Dylan Fields, Mike Mendez, Rachel, Nick Jobe, Jason Soto to name a few) and have enjoyed every minute of being a proud LAMB. Today though, Dylan "Fletch" Fields put up a post saying that a position at LAMB as a contributing author. Eagerly I emailed Dylan and got a position spotlighting amateur directors as well as my own weekly series Trailer Talk Thursday
(T3). So you can imagine how excited I was. I was also extremely happy because I finally made a banner! I know that doesn't sound too exciting but realize I'm not good with art stuff (Paint is not my strong suit).
Onto what this post is really about. I've noticed a lot recently that all or most of my favorite sites have been getting a lot of awards recently. Now I'm excited for this year's LAMMY's since they may be around my birthday and hopefully I'll get a shot at least getting Runner Up in an award (hoping for Most Prolific). But one award that gets passed around a lot now and everyone (deservedly so) seems to have is the Kreativ Blogger award. This award, at least in my opinion, seems to go to people who show true creativity or go above and beyond as a blogger. So imagine my shock to learn that I had received this award.
So when you receive a Kreativ Blogger award you need to do seven things:
1st: Thank the person that nominated you for the award-
Alright that's easy. I would like to thank Tom Clift of Plus Trailers
for not only giving me this award but for also having an amazing site, for being awesome and for being the only Australian person I have ever talked to. So cheers to you my ACIF (Australian Comrade in Film)!
2nd: Copy the logo and place it on your blog-
Check above and to the side. There ya go. Next.
3rd: Link to the person who nominated you for this award-
Thought I already did that but it is Tom Clift of Plus Trailers
. He is also a member of LAMB
4th: Name seven things about yourself that people might find interesting-
Wow....this one is a little more difficult to think of but I'll give it a shot:
1. I am 18 years old and live in a small town in Washington State (the one with Seattle if you didn't know.
3. I have met Sinbad (the comedian), Chris Jericho, Hulk Hogan, Candice Michelle, Blake Lewis and the entire Seattle Sounders soccer team.
4. I am an avid watcher of Football (the American kind) and Baseball. My favorite Football teams are the New York Jets, the New York Giants, and the Indianapolis Colts. My favorite baseball teams are the New York Mets and the Boston Red Sox.
5. I have seen over 1,890 movies in my almost 19 years on this Earth.
6. I am currently enrolled in College hoping to get a degree in journalism so it can hopefully one day lead to me becoming a paid film critic like Roger Ebert or Richard Roeper.
7. My favorite film of all time is Shaun of the Dead, my favorite actor is Michael C Hall, my favorite actress is Meryl Streep, my favorite director is Martin Scorsese, my favorite author is Steven King, my favorite band is Rush and I am a dog person. (ha one sentence loophole)
5th: Nominate seven other Kreativ Bloggers-
Damn...this is actually really hard. I love a lot of sites and read a lot of sites but its hard to pick who to give an award to. Honestly though I want to give it to people who DON'T already have it. If I can't think of anymore I may put one person on there that has already got it but otherwise if you have it already don't expect to get nominated. That and my favorite sites are linked in the side.
1st: Cool Awesome Movies
- These guys genuinely scare me...in a good way. Magnum and Ventilation Shaft are two guys who are pretty hardcore. They review mostly action movies but they do review a lot of B movie crap and even Lego movies. They have a very unique writing style, take advantage of that NC-17 LAMB rating and have an extremely awesome site. Hopefully this award isn't too girly to be put on there site. They truly are creative.
2nd: Cane Toad Warrior
- Luke of Cane Toad Warrior is a great guy. He was the first ever person to link me from his blog. When I saw on his Links section that I was there I was ecstatic. Luke is truly a movie encyclopedia as almost (or I think maybe) everyday he posts a new review. Some of his film's I haven't even heard of. And I'm the movie encyclopedia! Overall though his blog is extremely well written and a fun to read. He deserves some more time in the spotlight.
3rd: Journalistic Skepticism
- Luke (another?!) of Journalistic Skepticism grabbed my attention quickly. His site started around the same time as mine did. He just recently joined LAMB and when I checked out his site for the first time I was blown away. He reviewed movies, he looked at years in film, he covered awards shows, this guy did it all and with a very unique writing style. Luke is someone to keep an eye out for in the future. He is truly creative.
4th: Radiation-Scarred Reviews
: Where to begin with this site. B movie sites are usually a dime a dozen. I cant tell you how many horror movie sites or exploitation film sites I have seen. Granted there are the great ones like Bargain Bin Reviews
and Invasion of the B Movies
but for the most part they aren't really that interesting. Dan and Bill of Radiation-Scarred Reviews got me though. Their intriguing site design, logos, rating scale, and even there choice in movies are all creative and extremely well written. I am quoted on their site saying "I look forward to reading your reviews." I meant it.
5th: Obscure movie thoughts from an obscure movie fan-
Boy that is a mouthful. Louis Baxter's blog is a simple blog. I mean that in a nice way though. It doesn't rely on fancy tricks, gimmicks or any flashy backgrounds. It does have an amazing banner though. What makes Louis interesting though is his writing. He has a wonderfully creative voice when he's writing and he isn't one to pull punches. Every time he writes a review or a "This Week's Films" I always look forward to reading. He is someone who deserves this award.
6th: Nevermind Popular Film
- Fitz and Ben's blog is one I have been reading for a long time now. Fitz has also been responsible for 80% of my comments and actually backed me up when I got the position as a contributing author for LAMB. Not only that but Fitz and Ben's site is a treat to read, the analysis's of the different films and trailers is always fun to read. Basically there site is just ingenious, fun and creative. Big fan of these guys.
7th: The Ludovico Technique
- Chase's site is just awesome. Every review, every spotlight, every THING about this site is awesome. I read this one every day and look forward to every single article. He is a brilliant writer and anyone who names there title after a really creepy technique used in A Clockwork Orange is awesome by my standards.
PS: Before I go on I gotta say be sure to check out the sites in the sidebar. I mentioned a few in here but seriously check it out. There are some great sites out here.
6th: Post Links to the seven films nominated-
Ha I already did that. Take that Kreativ Award!
7th: Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know that they have been nominated- Will do...it'll take me a while though.
Thanks again to Tom Clift and remember if no one else will see it, I will.