Saturday, August 14, 2010

Movie Meme Day 14-Favorite Black and White Film


Hello I am the movie encyclopedia and if no one else will see it, I will.

"Favorite Black and White Film." This one was tougher than I expected it to be. So many great black and white films have been released. Battleship Potemkin, Treasure of the Sierra Madre, Birth of A Nation, Triumph of the Will, Casablanca, Citizen Kane, The Gold Rush, It's A Wonderful Life, and many many more. But it wasn't until recently, thanks to Ryan over at A Life in Equinox that I discovered this little gem of a movie he's mentioned once or twice: "Seven Samurai." He could probably talk days about how and why it's the greatest film ever but I can say that it is definitely a great film. Is it my favorite? No. But is it one of the best made? Probably. But it is my favorite black and white film that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment