Monday, October 19, 2009

I make out with a girl, I start turnin' into one. You gotta admit that's a little weird.


Hello I am the movie encyclopedia and if no one else will see it I will.

Sometimes I get bored. And when I get bored I put on one of the five showtime channels and watch whatever is on. Well Showtime has been shoving this film in my face since I got the channel and wouldnt leave me alone till I watched it. So I finally broke down and watched this 2006 indie drama.

Zerophilia is basically the story about a guy named Lucas. He is in college, his dad is dead and his mother is never around (I never saw her). Basically he stays with his roomate (I guess) Keenan and Keenan's girlfriend Janine. They are all really close but lately Lucas has been acting weird...especially around Michelle who is the sister of the local mechanic Max. What turns out to be weird is that he is a Zerophilic. That means if aroused or around another women for too long or something of that nature, he switches gender. So to help him out Keenan recruits a doctor to try and cure him. Basically your normal romatic dramadey ensues in something out of a sci fi John Hughes movie.

Zerophilia is not a bad movie just not a very good one. Its generic and kinda boring but the subject matter is quite interesting and honestly a little funny to watch considering the low budget. I guess if you have showtime or love watching indie dramas then this is the movie to see. Otherwise its just not that good.

MY VERDICT: AVOID IT

No comments:

Post a Comment