Wednesday, June 16, 2010

TV SHOW MEME DAY 16

Hello I am the movie encyclopedia and if no one else will see it, I will.

I had a LOT of ideas for this category so this one was actually kind of hard to choose. I could have gone with So You Think You Can Dance or American Idol but I just outright enjoy those shows so it's not really much of a guilty pleasure. Then I thought about the VH1 reality shows like Rock of Love, Daisy of Love, I Love Money/New York/Frank the Entertainer, Tool Academy ect but I actually like all those shows equally. They are all horrible shows with horrible morals but, like a train wreck, it's impossible not to look in awe at the true stupidity of some of these people.

And then of course there was the E! shows but really I just like to see them fail more than anything else so I don't really want to endorse them. So instead I went with a show that I started off hating but grew to love around Terry Fator's season and that is "America's Got Talent."

My grandma always loved this show dearly and when I got the chance I would sit and watch it with her. She loved Sharon Osbourne for her British humor, Piers for his outright meanness to some of the contestants and David Hasselhoff just because. The first couple season's were a bit painful to watch but I sat there, never admitting I watched the show. Then when Terry Fator came around I actually started liking the show. And once they got Nick Cannon to host I liked it more.

I actually am one of the few who actually like Nick Cannon, less as an actor but more as a person. He always comes across as a genuine guy who really means well. AGT really shows that off. Last season I was glued to the TV but would still never admit I watch it. Now this season I am proud to say I love the show and the talent is already shaping up to be quite good with acts like Fighting Gravity and Precious' mom (the actress's actual mother).







A great show...even if I won't admit it =)

No comments:

Post a Comment